Mission Statement  

The mission of Community Elementary School is to prepare our students to be productive members of society by assisting each student in mastering academic and social learning in a safe, nurturing, and positive environment.

  About The School  

Vision Statement

Our vision is to educate, enable, and empower every student so that they may become independent and productive members of society.


A Brief History of Community School

Community Elementary School is a public school which serves grades K-5. Community School originally was built in 1925 to accommodate those children who finished the eighth grade at the ten elementary schools in the area: Rover, Haynes, Longview, Green Hill, Taylor's Cross Roads, Cedar Grove, Unionville, Fall's Creek, Poplin's Cross Roads, and Ray's Chapel. A brick building was constructed in 1939, with additions in 1946, 1954, 1955, 1964, and 1975.

In 1997, grades 7-12 moved into a newly constructed building on the Highway 41A North campus. The pre-70's constuction was demolished and a major addition added for primary grades, creating Community Elementary School. Due to overcrowding, portable classrooms were added over time since the 1997 construction.

In the fall of 2009, grades 9-12 moved into the new Community High School located at 1140 Unionville-Deason Road. The Highway 41A campus now houses both Community Elementary School (K-5) and Community Middle School (6-8).

Beginning as a small unit school in 1925, Community is now a complex of three separate schools serving northern Bedford County.

 

Link to more history